Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Not One of my Better Days


Today wasn’t a very good day for food or pain. I spent much of the day in bed laying on ice and drugged out by the pain pills. I needed to run out to get gas and mom wanted some pop so I ended up buying us pop, potato chips and dip and a candy bar. Ugh….

The meals went well today, and mostly I at the chips and dip and the candy bar as part of lunch,, but I did snack on a few handfuls of chips here and there through out the afternoon.

I have noticed a direct connection with giving myself permission for a food treat when the pain level gets too high for too many days in a row. Yes, I know the food doesn’t ease the pain, and yes I know that in the long run it really makes me feel worse. But there it is, I did it today. Now to redeem myself, or is it justifying? Don’t know, but it was a small container of dip. Ok…ya I know! But it is better than the food treats I gave myself permission to eat in the past years. And I still have over half of the bag of chips left in the kitchen tonight. I’ll take any small victory I can.
Tomorrow is another day. And I will soothe myself with watching the movies that should arrive from Netflix tomorrow. Not food.

But I did keep track in my journal...as much as I hated writing the junk food down.

No comments: