Monday, September 01, 2008

Monday Menus


On Mondays I am going to try to post my menu for the week. I am trying something new this month in an effort to save money at the grocery and to keep unwanted foods out of the house. It seems the more I go to the grocery, the more unwanted food I buy....and eat. Also with my back problems grocery shopping is a real challenge, so I want to do it as little as possible.

For breakfasts I usually have a bagel and low fat cream cheese and coffee, an egg with a piece of whole grain toast, or a slice of whole grain toast with some peanut butter on it. Add a cup of coffee and depending on how hungry I am in the mornings a piece of fruit. In the winter I have hot oatmeal frequently too. What can I say, I am a creature of habit. Also not too awake in the mornings and usually starved, so it is better to keep breakfasts simple and quick.
I use the Internet a lot to find recipes. This next month I am trying out planning a lot of CrockPot recipes. I am in a mood again where I don't want to cook or mess with food. Also by the end of the day I never seem to want to fix dinner anymore. So putting on the CrockPot in the mornings when I have more energy makes sense.

I will link back to the food blog or website where I got the recipe. Most likely I will change it or tweak it to make it healthier, fit what I have on hand or like, or just because. I will try to post my version of the recipe along with pictures and a review of how it tastes daily, or not, depending on the demands of the day.

MONDAY
Lunch: Chicken salad & crackers Peach
Dinner: Salmon & Green Beans

TUESAY
Lunch: Beef & roasted red pepper wrap Fruit
Dinner: Chicken Crock Pot Nachos Tortilla Chips - baked

WEDNESDAY
Lunch: Chicken & Roasted red pepper wrap Fruit
Dinner: Chinese Lemon Chicken in Crock Pot Vegies or salad

THURSDAY
Lunch: Chicken Salad & crackers Fruit
Dinner: Leftover Lemon Chicken

FRIDAY

Lunch: Beef & Roasted red pepper wrap Fruit
Dinner: Steak, baked potato, corn on cob

SATURDAY
Lunch: Chicken Wraps Fruit
Dinner: Chicken Teriyaki Wings Salad

SUNDAY
Lunch: Tuna & Crackers Fruit
Dinner: Leftover Chicken Teriyaki Salad

No comments: