Thursday, August 11, 2005

Cravings

Tonight has been about cravings. So...this is cravings. I wanted to EAT. First chocolate, then chips, then anything. I didn't, I waited until I could feel hunger, and know that it was hunger, then I chose to have a bagel. I was out of fruit; that would have been the logical choice to satisfy the sweet tooth, but a bagel did the trick...of course I sprinkled a little cinnamon on it, and it helped satisfy both the hunger and the craving. Maybe I am beginning to get the hang of knowing the difference between hunger, cravings and just plain wanting to eat because I am bored.

This week is almost at an end, I have learned something about hunger/fullness....and that much of the time I eat not out of hunger. I think that next week may be more of a challenge, the novelty of fighting to be aware of this hunger/fullness, living in the moment of eating and being present in it will have worn off, I am sure. Next week I think that I want to be more dilligent of only eating when I am eating. Not double tasking, reading, surfing, whatever...but to just sit with the food, taste it, enjoy it acknowledge it.

No comments: